Dr. Martin J. Matovich (Marty) grew up in Myrtle Creek, Oregon and received his undergraduate degree in chemistry from Southern Oregon University. He went on to graduate first in his class from Oregon Health Sciences University School of Dentistry in 1995. His commitment to professional growth has been confirmed by continuous participation in numerous dental study clubs and continuing education programs over the past two decades including becoming a level IV OBI (Orognathic Bioesthetics International, Inc.) graduate. Bioesthetic dentistry is an approach that involves a comprehensive evaluation of the entire chewing system that regards the teeth, jaw joints, bones, nerves, muscles, lips, tongue, mouth and the face as a collective system rather than individual parts. Equilibrium between all these oral structures allows the creation of a natural, youthful looking smile and promotes the maintenance of a healthy chewing system that will provide a lifetime of optimal comfort and function.
He considers it an honor to be trusted as his patient's dentist, and is appreciative of being able to have a positive impact on their quality of life. It's a privilege to serve those patients who highly value technical excellence, including over twenty-five dental colleagues.
Professional Affiliations Include:
- Teaching faculty at OHSU School of Dentistry
- Clark County Dental Society
- Washington State Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Academy of RV Tucker Study Clubs
- Orognathic Bioesthetics Incorporated (level 4)
- TMJ and Sleep Therapy Research Centre: Advanced Residency
- TMJ and Sleep Therapy Research Centre: Hands-On Residency
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
Marty and his wife have two grown children. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family and friends, off road motorcycling, and golfing.